Monday, January 24, 2011

Never-ending Faithfullness


Have you ever noticed that God is ALWAYS faithful? And even when we aren't faithful, He pulls through in amazing ways. I don't mean that nothing bad ever happens, because we have our own free will, so of course, being as human as we are, bad things will always happen. But I'm talking about when you're facing a really tough situation and you can't see your way around it and then panic sets in.... And then out of the blue, an unimaginable turn of events takes place and you're riding an even cooler road than before!
Here's a quick "for instance"... Ok, for instance:
When my water broke with Ella and I was on bedrest in the hospital for weeks and Ari was in daycare for months and we knew if Ella made it, she'd also be in the hospital for months...we knew we were going to be facing millions of dollars of bills. It was pretty crushing and no matter how we looked at it, there was no white light at the end of the tunnel. We sure didn't have that kind of money! Even if we got some other kind of surprise mail with money in it or a better paying job or anything our minds could conjure up, we wouldn't have enough. We did have insurance, but as far as we knew, it only covered a percentage....
This is where God steps in. We had already ruled out a miracle when BAM! We get one. Come to find out our insurance paid 90% up until we reached $5000 out of pocket and then it covered 100% of EVERYTHING!!!!! Are you reading this? 100%!!!! Calvin and I were able to pay all of our bills on time, but it wasn't a fluke. Let me tell you why. Because a year earlier, Cal had switched jobs and he was trying to decide which insurance plan he wanted. For some odd reason (just felt like he should) he picked the premium plan. I remember thinking, "man, why did he do that? Now we have to pay so much more out of his paycheck each month!" Little did we know that one year later we'd desperately need that PREMIUM insurance plan to pay for Ella and me, and the Holy Spirit had led Calvin to the correct decision!
Anyways, all that to say, what seemed like a disaster, God already knew about and had planned for! We had no way of seeing our way around it, but He could see above and beyond it and was already planning for our next hurdle!
Ok. End of "for instance".
I'll get to my point. I feel that same guidance in our lives right now!! We have a LOT of "what ifs"! What if Ella needs medical care that is not orthopedic and un-covered by Shriner's? What if Ari gets sick and we need to go to the doctor...where will the money come from? What if we can't find jobs that allow us to have our own place? What if we can't afford to drive down to Salt Lake and pay for hotel rooms and food for the rest of Ella's treatments? What if? What if? What if?
But I'll tell you what! Jesus Christ knows exactly WHAT!! He provides in ways we can NOT fathom! He opens doors we didn't even realize existed! We no longer worry about "what if" because we know who's in charge!! That's Jesus. The Alfa and Omega, Beginning and the End, the First and the Last...He IS!!! Nothing is impossible with Christ!
I just had to share today. I hope that if you have some "what ifs" you can lay them at Jesus' feet and watch as He blows you away with blessings and miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment